1hr20min of professional equine gait analysis theory and practical content for the precision sport horse and rider combination.
Presented by graduate human Sports Therapist, Equine Veterinary Physiotherapist and certified saddle fitter, Caroline Lindsay, this series of interactive webinar replays was part of a comprehensive accredited course series created for equine and equestrian professionals and competition riders.
Equitation coaches and instructors, trainers and therapists will find the content highly informative.
- The importance of gait evaluation.
- Challenges and limitations of gait analysis protocol.
- History taking essentials for gait analysis.
- How to direct a visual gait evaluation, in hand, on the lunge and ridden.
- Evaluating gait in walk if there is no other alternative.
- Determination of what can be recognised in a visual gait analysis and which observations are relevant.
- Distinguish between good and poor quality gait patterns.
- Positioning of the observer.
- Signs and grading of lameness.
- Application of correct use of gait analysis terminology.
- Determine how to notate results for case reports.
The lecture is highly visual and has a wealth of video content for clarification of the theory.